tricky problem-- ping ok but RS linx not showing

PSpal

We have faced a tricky problem . The panel view Plus 1000 is not going online..The network guy "Ping" from system and shows that the node is ok.. But neither the panel view going online. nor the node is showing on rs linx( red cross on node).I have double check the "ping" and found ok.. all data matching with other running ones..
The panel view installed in other area & found ok. too..Lastly , blindly reclamp the same at PV side & the system is up!!!

why the "ping" unable to detect problem?? is there any other system/procedure to detect communication??

Lastly , blindly reclamp the same at PV side & the system is up!!!

What exactly does the above mean?

The ping program is not very much of a diagnostic. I just goes out to see if a given address is pingable (which is configurable).

I assume you have different IP addresses in the two PanelViews? And the subnet addressing is the same?

I had the exact same problem. Seem some times not always when my wireless card is active I can not connect via RSlinx. Try turning off your wireless and see if this helps.

Did you the whole time have both PLC, Panelview, and PC connected in one system via a switch ?
Or did you move one cable around ?

It can be autodetection of MDI/MDIX that goes wonky. I have experienced that some devices only do autodetection once after powerup, and thereafter assumes MDI/MDIX to be fixed.

Ping is detecting "something" at that address, but are you sure it is detecting the PV+? If there is another device using that IP address then it is that device that is responding to the ping command. Your network person should be able to use "ARP" to identify the MAC address of the device which you can confirm in the PV+ Configuration screen.

OG