GSV rslogix 5000. Time Exception

Zakonenko

Hello,

I always have problems with GSV.
I have to prepare a sequence in RS5000, which need to operate only at the set time. For example, from 22:00 till 3:00. It is really difficult to do, if the time crosses the 0:00, because I cant use LES and GRT instructions.
Could somebody help me please with it?

Thanks
Zakhar

Untitlsed.png

Latch a bit on at 22:00, unlatch it a 03:00

The bit can then drive your sequence...

You have two variables, TimeA and TimeB.

Update those from the panel.

2019-11-04_155143.jpg

Or you could use this if you want it to automatically update as you change the TimeX variables ....

2019-11-04_160412.jpg

Rockwell has free addon instructions for time and date comparisons.
Go here: https://www.rockwellautomation.com/...d326-9a38-0bf2-7fa8dde97de8;deepLinking=false

and search for
Time and Date Math Add-On Instructions

Overkill, in my opinion. Just importing the T_LIM add-on imports 4 others, T_ADD, T_GEQ, T_LEQ, T_LES. That's a lot of bytes of memory used, the T_LIM data-type is 604 bytes on its own ....

If the op just wants a sequence to run for a set number of hours every day, and be able to change the start and stop times from his panel, the above logic works perfectly.

Personally I would have it as StartTime and Duration instead of StopTime, calculating the Stop hour as StartTime + Duration, MOD 24. That way you can inhibit the sequence completely with a Duration of 0

2019-11-05_080522.jpg

Last edited:
Overkill, in my opinion. Just importing the T_LIM add-on imports 4 others, T_ADD, T_GEQ, T_LEQ, T_LES. That's a lot of bytes of memory used, the T_LIM data-type is 604 bytes on its own ....

If the op just wants a sequence to run for a set number of hours every day, and be able to change the start and stop times from his panel, the above logic works perfectly.

Personally I would have it as StartTime and Duration instead of StopTime, calculating the Stop hour as StartTime + Duration, MOD 24. That way you can inhibit the sequence completely with a Duration of 0

Thank You a lot!!!

It is also good to add SUB - 1 to the TimeB. Like in attachment

Untitlsed.png

Thank You a lot!!!

It is also good to add SUB - 1 to the TimeB. Like in attachment

Ah Yes ! Because you want it to stop at 6, not 7 as my first code would have done.

But you need that SUB in front of where it is tested in the LIM.

But now you have a problem if TimeB is 0 (midnight), the SUB will make it -1, which the LIM is not going to work correctly with.

This should cure that problem ....

2019-11-05_113312.jpg

Ah Yes ! Because you want it to stop at 6, not 7 as my first code would have done.

But you need that SUB in front of where it is tested in the LIM.

But now you have a problem if TimeB is 0 (midnight), the SUB will make it -1, which the LIM is not going to work correctly with.

This should cure that problem ....

Yes :)
Better MOV in the end

Capture.PNG

No, you need to make it 23 if subtracting 1 makes it -1.

You can do it with a MOV if you like, or just ADD 24