MLX1400 storage

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. Is there a way I can have values at certain intervals stored on the SD card for the MLX1400....maybe triggered alarms also? I have used the SD for loading programs only, so I am not sure if I can selectively save to the card or not. Thank you

If you mean a MicroLogix 1400 controller, then what SD card are you referring to? The Micro800 family may support an SD card, but not the MicroLogix.

The MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 controllers support a 1763-MM1 EEPROM module, which is only used for program backup and restore. You cannot access any of this modules memory through the user program.

They also support data logging, but this is stored on dedicated internal memory and not available to be saved to the 1763-MM1, or any other direct external media, that I am aware of?

EDIT: Found these...

38610 - Can MicroLogix 1100 data logging information be stored to the 1763-MM1 memory module?
Access Level: TechConnect

767527 - Micrologix 1400 Data Logging Memory Size Limit

Found this also which may be helpful to pull the data out to somewhere useful...

591249 - Retrieving the DataLog file from MicroLogix 1100 / 1400 over EtherNet using a Logix controller
Access Level: Everyone

...and for a DCS to pull the data out...

60284 - MicroLogix 1100/1400: Reading or Extracting the Datalog via Ethernet

...info on setting it all up...

Chapter 25 Recipe and Data Logging - MicroLogix 1400 Programmable Controllers Reference Manual

You'll probably come back now and tell me it's a Micro800 your actually using!

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I was going off of the machine mfg. recommendation. I went out and checked and sure enough....no SD card. Lol