Micrologix 1200 Modbus

Hi I need some help with this:

Y learned some things about modbus with a Delta 10SX PLC and a Delta VFD. Both with Rs-485 port. I was able to write registers and worked fine. I added a Rs485 - Rs232 converter and sniffed the messages with hyperterm everything ok.

Now I want to do the same with a MLX 1200 via CH0. But it doesn`t tx anything just says "Message timed out in local processor" apart from that I`m not sure about the 8pin mini din wiring since it doesn´t have DSR DTR signals. Only RTS and CTS (wired togheter) and DCD (don´t know what to do with) apart from TX RX and GND which I connected to the converter.

One thing else is that I don´t know the stop bits and if it uses 7 or 8 bits length.

If anyone has any example please send to [email protected].

I hope I was clear enough.
Thanks