Adding Powerflex525 to RsLogix 5000 v16 using ethernet

David Cook

Hello all, I have gained much from browsing the forum over the years. I am an industrial electrician which at our factory which means anything from light bulbs to RsLogix to HMI's. I understand about 1 in 10 posts but have learned lots so thanks already!

I have been able to successfully set up and run a powerflex 525 over ethernet on a slc505. Our controllogix processor in our shop is a 1756-l55/A version 16.

I have found info on adding with version 20 and have downloaded the add on profile and can bring them up and use them if the project is version 20. When I use version 16 the downloaded profiles do not show up in my list of available modules to add.

I have searched high and wide and now come to you. Is there any way to add a 525 to version 16 and if not can this processor be flashed up to use 20?

Thanks

On the AB website it looks like you need atleast V17 to use the AOP for the 525 drive and it looks like the L55 processor can only support V16 firmware. I think you would have to either set it up as a generic ethernet adaptor or use explicit messaging to control the drive with V16.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I will go down that route. Not an actual project for a line just doing some learning in the shop in my spare time. Thanks again