Citect -> Siemens S7 through ethernet

Rverhoeven

Hello out there.

Is there anybody who can help me with the following:

I have a citect application and i'm trying to let it communicatie with siemens s7 through ethernet. with my first attempt, I tried to use the citect s7nt driver in combination with softnet v6.2. although i got communication this way i still have some problems.

(the communications switches on and of for no apparent reason)

so i would like to try setting up communications trough an OPC server. but i've got no clue how to do this properly. is there anybody who has done this before and can you tell me how.

sincerely yours

René

Hello again Rene,

I have never used the ethernet communication with S7NT driver but i saw it work so it should work.

I cant help you with setting up the opc connection on the siemens side, but if you need help on the citect side i am happy to help.

Greetz,

Marsupilami

Problem solved.

Communication problem is solved.
by default the timeout of the S7NT driver is set at 2000 ms. in this paticular case however it wasn't. SO after seting the timeout at 2000ms it works fine.

Rene

hi Rverhoeven,
Can you explain me how can do it (Ethernet communication between Citect and Siemens PLC S7-300).
Please describe Port, IO Driver, ... Settings step by step.

Thanks