Studio 5000 Licensing Question

ChaseV

So we are working with a client on an update and are having problems figuring out if we need to buy a Factory Talk View Designer license or if the Studio 5000 standard edition comes with it? They currently have Factory Talk View without a license. When when researching this it looks like we need to buy a licenses. They are going from v30 to v32 and running FT View ME to running SE. Thank you in advice for any feed back.

Studio 5000
FtView ME
FtView SE

Are all different products and require separate licenses. If you have an existing license but want to upgrade versions you can do tech connect and do the upgrade. The tech connect is usually cheaper. Just depends on the amount of license the tech connect is supporting.

Just re read your post and realized you’re talking about view designer. I believe view designer was available with studio 5000 after version 27.

If your going from ME to SE then view designer is not what you need. View designer is for the panelview 5000. You should probably call your Rockwell distributor and explain to them what you’re trying to do.

Last edited: