Bar code for micrologix 1400

I have a micrologix 1400 that i am hooking up a Keyence barcode scanner. reading a date time stamp of 10 characters. when it reads to my string (ST17:xx)it puts the first for numbers at the end. also seems to hold the previous characters in the buffer. not entirely sure if the bar code reader is set up properly as far as terminater and CR setting. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I used to have a serial bar code reader more than 13 years ago, and I recalled that I had to clear the buffer every time a code was read.
You did not mention how your reader is connected to the ML1400 (serial or ethernet), please check your reader config.

Similar Topics

I am trying to connect the bar-code reader intermec sr61 with the micrologix 1100 but, the channel 0 indication is not blinking where the bar-code...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I've been wondering how to do this for quite some time now. I had a little time on my hands and a future project will need this...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I am trying to add a Zebra DS457 FIXED MOUNT IMAGER with MICROLOGIX 1500 LRP 1. How to connect the imager with the ML1500 since it...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I am a beginner in PLC programming. I am trying to add a Zebra DS457 FIXED MOUNT IMAGER with MICROLOGIX 1500 LRP to successfully...
Replies
Views
We are using Sick CLX series bar code reader with AB 1746-BAS module in a outdated system . The processor is SLC 5/04.We want to revamp the system...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom