how communicate Micro850 with kinetix 5100 and other third devices

KarajoSoft

Dear colleagues,

i'm getting into with CCW and micro850 for first time and I need communicate this micro850 with 3 kinetix5100, one scara robot ABB, one vision artificial camara Datalogic Impact MX-E45 and finally Flexibowl FB-650.

Said that, I'm checking a lot of info and I see Micro850 accept EthernetIP EXPLICIT messaging but not implicit messaging , that's right?

I would like if someone of you had experience with this kind of communication or some sample please.

I will be so greateful for any help.

Thank you so much!

From my very little experience with 800's I am not sure on the comms, but 800's don't support motion. The motion control would all have to be programmed into the drive. Not sure how you would get the move profile to the drive from an 800. Based on your application I would say that your PLC is very under powered for this application. I would move the PLC to an AB CompactLogix that supports motion with up to 3 Axis. The time saved to program this application would easily make up for the added cost of the better PLC.

Edit: The only way I would use an 800 in this application is if you can get away with primarily using digital I/O.