Ackn alarms with security FT View Studio

dowthebow

Hi,
I have a FT View SE v8.2 project running in network directory.
At present anyone can acknowledge alarms in the alarm summary page. I want to require a person log in to the HMI to be able to acknowledge alarms on the list.
Is this possible? Where do I begin?
And is it possible to allow different levels of access for each button across the top banner of the alarms summary page?
Thanks!

Alarm summary security

Just battled with this myself. The solution (which Rockwell should put on it's KB) is to have two copies of the Alarm summary object, on one of them you configure it to not show the alarm ack buttons (which is an option for the object) and make that one visible when logged in user does not have permissions, then have the one with the ack buttons visible for authorized users.

Just battled with this myself. The solution (which Rockwell should put on it's KB) is to have two copies of the Alarm summary object, on one of them you configure it to not show the alarm ack buttons (which is an option for the object) and make that one visible when logged in user does not have permissions, then have the one with the ack buttons visible for authorized users.

OK, not a bad solution, thanks!!
Where in the object is that allowed for? I can't see it...
So if there is no user logged, and the alarms summary page is open, and someone logs in, I guess you'd have to open the page again?
And it would mean two buttons for the page, with visibility dependent on user?
Thanks.

You don't need any buttons on the display and will not need to reload it. The animation happens dynamically like any other animation. The option I'm talking about is in the Properties of the AlarmSummary object - right-click, select properties and you get a big window with lots of options and tabs for setting that object up. Third tab is "Toolbar" on that page there are checkboxes for which command buttons show up on the object in runtime. Disable the ones you don't want and then set the visibility (right-click -> Animation -> Visibility on the entire Summary object) based on user level. You can stack as many as you want - if you don't want supervisors to have AckAll but still have Ack, then make one with those buttons selected, and Engineers would have AckAll and Ack and View-only has none of them...update Visibility accordingly.

You don't need any buttons on the display and will not need to reload it. The animation happens dynamically like any other animation. The option I'm talking about is in the Properties of the AlarmSummary object - right-click, select properties and you get a big window with lots of options and tabs for setting that object up. Third tab is "Toolbar" on that page there are checkboxes for which command buttons show up on the object in runtime. Disable the ones you don't want and then set the visibility (right-click -> Animation -> Visibility on the entire Summary object) based on user level. You can stack as many as you want - if you don't want supervisors to have AckAll but still have Ack, then make one with those buttons selected, and Engineers would have AckAll and Ack and View-only has none of them...update Visibility accordingly.

Great, sounds perfect for what I need!
Legend!!