You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old November 25th, 2022, 04:37 AM   #1
james13
Australia

GE Proficy check next DI address

Is it possible to get a report about used digital inputs on GE Proficy?

I want to set what inputs are available.
Old November 25th, 2022, 05:03 AM   #2
parky
United Kingdom

I do not know prophicy but I would be surprised if it did not have a cross ref mode i.e. cross refference of used addresses, some IDE's you can limit to an area like I/O, Internal bits etc. this should show up the ones that are used, only thing you have to be aware of is indirect addressing i.e. where tags are pointed to indirectly, however, this is reare on I/O.
Old November 25th, 2022, 05:53 AM   #3
Lukasz_Poland
Poland

Hello
Please select cpu(target) and right click select and choose function report. Maybe it helps you.
Old November 25th, 2022, 11:26 AM   #4
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

From the "Target" menu. select "Reports", then scroll through the options in the drop-down box.
If all you need to find is the next available address of any memory type, when entering ladder logic, and prompted for an address or variable, simply type in the memory type prefix without any specific address, (for example, %I) and Proficy will select the next highest available address. It will not fill in unused gaps, it only checks for the highest address in use.
Another possibility is to go to the variables list and sort by address. You can also filter for only the memory type you're interested in.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum