Modicon M1/M1E PLC

Colt Hero

We've got this old Modicon PLC on a Mobile Skid that has developed "Comm" errors that cannot be cleared (tried moving cables, connectors etc.)

It's TSX Momentum
171CCC98030
Processor Adapter 1MEG
ENET RS485
PV:03
RL:04
SV:01.11

We were able to load an old laptop with the Concept-M software, but all we have is an .asc file and it appears to want a Project file? Don't know how to open it? Choosing "Comm Protocol" 'ModBus Plus' because that's what appears to be on the PLC's front panel. Other options are TCP/IP Ethernet, Modbus RTU (RS232), ModBus ASCII (RS232) ... which don't seem correct since it appears to be Modbus over RS485?

Was hoping to "go online" with it to see if anything else could be gleaned. Maybe a Re-Load?

It has (3) Altivar 28 boxes daisy-chained together, then up into the port on the Modicon PLC. The other comm port daisy-chains the I/O modules and, presumably, the HMI panel .. with a terminator on the end. Tried directly connecting into each Altivar box independently trying to see if *any* alarm could be cleared, but no dice!

UPDATE: Just found a prj file ... and can open the application, at least. Gonna try laptop direct-connect and see if it'll go online ...

The Modicon lights for LAN Active (??) and LAN Status didn't seem to be "healthy" previously. "Active" was just OFF (no green), and the "Status" light was blinking, but slowly.