Physical inspections and industrial PLC

Derkoki

Hello everyone, I'm a beginner technician in Brazil in automation.
I provide services in a company that does safety installation work in various machine operations, I would like to know if there is any specific work in making PLC diagnostics, and Network Communications to sell to an Industry, for example, parameterization, diagnostics for the common, if it exists what is the name of this work and where do I start?

Obs:sorry for my english

20221208_063150_001.jpg

Are you asking the perennial question "How do I get started in automation/PLC/controls/programming?". In my experience, the best answer is doing some courses, some organized lessons go a long way. Second best would be teaching yourself. Get some hardware and software and start making outputs turn on!

Derkoki, welcome to the forum. I agree with Robb_B. I think your question is too broad, so only a broad answer can be given. I would also advice that you do some market research and find out which is the PLC system that has more share in your market, and you may be also able to identify one particular PLC that has not the largest share, but is under-served and has less experts available at hand. In such a case you could try to specialize in that particular system. There are so many PLC systems around, that I frankly think it is unrealistic becoming an expert in all. To begin with, the investment to have a working system for each brand would be in the tenths of thousands of US$. After many years on this forum, it seems to me that most members are experts in one particular system and sometimes there are members who are expert at two systems and provide services porting applications from one to the other. Have yet to read about someone who claims deep expertise in three, four PLC systems. Good luck. There are surely many electrical maintenance managers in your area wishing to have an expert close by.

Last edited: