Will the robot move differently when it stops and resumes on its path to a target pos

arisigor

I'm new to Fanuc robots.

I have a simple program that does
Code:
J PR[R[162]] R[20:SPEED]% CNT R[23:BLEND] ;

I also have a digital output which whenever I set it to 1 kills the program and the robot stops. It does not fault the robot though. This is the desired behavior. So, whenever I rerun this program, with the same speed and blend values, the robot reaches the target position PR[R[162]]

My question is, is there any chance the robot will move differently when it stops on its way to the target position? I mean, let's assume that I don't stop the robot. The robot will move the joints in a certain way to reach the target position. Then if I move the robot to its original position and start the robot again, but now I stop it and then resume it, as described above, should it move the joints the same way?

My tests show that it moves the same path, but I just wanted to check with more experienced people here.

I don't know about theFANCs capabilities. However, if I were writing the code there would be an index that is used to index into the difference splines ( cam tables ) for all axes. If the index stops, then the positions would stop at a position corresponding to the positions the index is pointing to for all axes. When the system starts again, the index would ramp up and all the axes would start to move along their splines.

I have an example. Look at %t61
https://www.iyeya.cn/forum-178-1.html
Unfortunately, I am not changing the velocity, the black line, but all the axes are moving as a function of v such that v=sqrt((dx/dt)^2+(dy/dt)^2+(dz/dt)^2) at any time and the velocity of v can be changed and all those x, y, and z velocities will change so the velocity is equal to v no matter what the velocity of v is.

I am sure the Fanuc guys have this worked out.