GE Proficy EGD question...

Voltimus

I tried the GE forums for these questions but I haven't gotten any reply, so I'm going to check here and see if anybody can help me out a little, since this is where the people who actually use the software are at.

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a way to export variables (tags) from one project to a .csv file and then import the list into the consumed exchanges part of the EGD on proficy machine addition.

And could anybody tell me what the limit of variables is for consumed and produced exchanges in a Proficy project are?

I've been kind of feeling around in the dark for this information and any assisstance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a way to export variables (tags) from one project to a .csv file and then import the list into the consumed exchanges part of the EGD on proficy machine addition.
You can Import/Export *.egd files but not *.csv format.

http://forums.ge-ip.com/eforum/showpost.php?p=58328&postcount=2

Also use Proficy's online help by selecting "Ethernet Global Data" in the Navigator window and press F1.

In laying out your data you can try using the "EGD Management Tool" if you do not have a 64bit OS, but I find that using Excel and manual setup simpler.
You can setup each PAC's exchanges in the data collector CPU or in each CPU or a combination. Lay out the map on paper, use addresses rather than symbolic variables keeping them sequential as much as possible will minimize the number of exchanges needed and keep the data flowing more smoothly.

You can Import/Export *.egd files but not *.csv format.

http://forums.ge-ip.com/eforum/showpost.php?p=58328&postcount=2

Also use Proficy's online help by selecting "Ethernet Global Data" in the Navigator window and press F1.

In laying out your data you can try using the "EGD Management Tool" if you do not have a 64bit OS, but I find that using Excel and manual setup simpler.
You can setup each PAC's exchanges in the data collector CPU or in each CPU or a combination. Lay out the map on paper, use addresses rather than symbolic variables keeping them sequential as much as possible will minimize the number of exchanges needed and keep the data flowing more smoothly.
Haha...that was my thread on the GE forums.

Thanks for the help, Russ...it's greatly appreciated.🍻