Protool Migration to WinCC Flex 2008 Advanced Problem

RPM

I'm trying to migrate a ProTool program to WinCC Flexible 2008 Advanced and when I open WinCC and say open a ProTool project, I get 2 errors. The errors occur during the "consistency" check. Errors are:

1. internalservererror - ProtoolMigrationController
Error.gif
2. An error occurred during configuration checking - Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.Migration.MigrationService

Is this literally there server? Meaning our firewall is blocking it or what? I've had our IT open all ports to my computer and I still get the errors. Thoughts?

Any help? Anyone know if we need protool for the conversion? We don't have it, so is there a trial download anywhere?

Local rep said we needed ProTool to be able to convert. Doesn't make sense to me if WinCC is the new version, would think only the new program would be able to migrate.

Siemens site has some demo downloads but not one for ProTool, does anyone know where you can find a demo CD or preferably download?

Local rep said we needed ProTool to be able to convert. Doesn't make sense to me if WinCC is the new version, would think only the new program would be able to migrate.

Siemens site has some demo downloads but not one for ProTool, does anyone know where you can find a demo CD or preferably download?
How big of an download?
If you manage to post it somewhere, someone may be able to do the conversion for you.

It is possible that you need to import the project to the latest Pro Tool (6.0 I think) and then WinCC flaex will pick it up and do the conversion.
What panel are you using with this one?
Even if you manage to convert you may need to do a formware upgrade on your panel (if it i supported by WinCC that is).
Some hardware support was dropped while upgrades were coming out on the software side of things

Maybe there are internal errors in the Protool project.
This happens from time to time, and you have to go through a special procedure in Protool to see the errors and fix them.

Send me a PM if you need me to do the conversion for you.

You didnt write what panel the Protool project is made for, and what you want to convert to.