Panelview and tags?

Hemlock

Hello all,

I've been working with a C600 panelview touchscreen and a 1400 series micrologix PLC. I've been working my way through the quick start guide linked at the bottom of this post. I have put several controls on the screens, and have them working somewhat. What would help me is a better understanding of tags (specifically, what are write, indicator, notify and handshake tags for, what should they reference in the PLC). They are referenced but not explained in the user manual. Where can I read up on this?

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qs/2711c-qs001_-en-p.pdf

Indicator is the only one I use on a regular basis. Its the tag used to change the state of a button. IE if you have a button that changes color when you turn something on.

Hello all,

I've been working with a C600 panelview touchscreen and a 1400 series micrologix PLC. I've been working my way through the quick start guide linked at the bottom of this post. I have put several controls on the screens, and have them working somewhat. What would help me is a better understanding of tags (specifically, what are write, indicator, notify and handshake tags for, what should they reference in the PLC). They are referenced but not explained in the user manual. Where can I read up on this?

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qs/2711c-qs001_-en-p.pdf
Hi, i have the same doubt, have you already discovered the fuction of the tags?