Is it possible to make a custom dialog box (RSlogix5000/Studio5000)?

mugged99

Hello,

I'm trying to restrict/disable downloading feature to a PLC, is there a way to do this without also turning off online editing? This is for an Rockwell L7x series processor, v24 firmware/software.

OR is there a way to have the RSlogix5000/Studio5000 software launch a custom text dialog box or similar to 'warn' an user when they press the download button?

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm trying to restrict/disable downloading feature to a PLC, is there a way to do this without also turning off online editing? This is for an Rockwell L7x series processor, v24 firmware/software.

OR is there a way to have the RSlogix5000/Studio5000 software launch a custom text dialog box or similar to 'warn' an user when they press the download button?

Thanks!

You already get a dialog box that contains many warnings before finally committing to a download.

Or, you can use the key to put the processor into RUN mode, downloads are impossible in that mode.

To a degree, that's what the FactoryTalk Security subsystem does.

You can't really do this sort of thing halfway: either you have strong security with accounts and credentials and passwords, or you have an "Are You Sure" dialog.

From a practical standpoint, there's not a big difference in the amount of damage somebody can do who has Edit permissions but not Download permissions.