Allen Bradley tag export

descrambled

I exported tags, using Controllogix 5000, into csv, but I do not see ranges/0&span (Engineering Units) for analog points. What am I missing? Any related input is greatly appreciated.

That is most likely because you set up the zero and span values in the analog module itself. That info is not part of the tag data. You may want to look at the module in RSL 5K to get that data.

Range and span is part of the hardware configuration and will not be shown in a tag export.

If you're trying to bulk edit that sort of thing, your best bet is to save the PLC program as an L5X file and edit it with Notepad++ and then re-import it back in.

Thank you both for a prompt reply. Where are ranges for the points that come across a modbus datalink defined? This datalink is modbus tcp, using 1757-en2t, and is programmed based on rockwell’s sample code (kb 470365 modbus tcp program).

If you have data coming in on a communications link of some sort, the scaling of that data will be determined by whatever device is sending it across the network.