Step 7 profinet redundant ring config not working seamlessly

HJTRBO

Hi all,

I have a im151-8 cpu as the ring manager and three im151-3 pn as the ring clients. I have set up the hardware configuration and the ring topology without any consistency error. I have the units connected on my test bench with the profinet cables connected exactly as i have configured in the topology editor. I am not using any switches or hubs. All componenets are at the latest revision level.
However when i pull any ethernet cable out of its port it takes 1 to 2 seconds for the bus to recover which results in the loss of i/o data from the affected station. Additionally all outputs on that station are switched off.
I was under the assumption a redundant ring configuration at the i/o level would not suffer this and would seamlessly transition into the redundant state? Am i missing a simple configuration step?

Last edited:
Just finished up a heap of searching over a the siemens forum. Looks like i have to blow the watchdog timer out to 200+ms.