FactoryTalk Auto Logout Feature?

rs14smith

Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically logout a user after they have been logged in after a certain amount of time?

Within FactoryTalk's Runtime Security, when creating a user, I did not see a way to logout the user after say 4minutes after the user has been logged in. The only other way I know to accomplish this is by not using FactoryTalk's login system, and creating one logically in the PLC, but hopefully there is a simpler solution?

I think this is further up the tree of configuration in the security system, and may be different for different target hardware. If you don't find it there, poke around in the system stuff in the upper area of the project explorer pane on the left. (at home I don't recall the terms).

I know it exists, because I have been working with an app using that feature.

I believe I've looked this software up and down and I am not finding this feature at all that allows me to state how long the user will stay logged in. I would think there would be some way of auto logging out the user, else, the user would stay logged in until someone logged the user out.

Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 7.26.41 PM.jpg

I just notice that the Runtime Security accepts Marco's, and currently I do not have any signed up, but when I go into the Logic and Control folder, and try to create a Macro, it is asking for a Tag/Expression. I'm assuming if I create a tag in the RSLogic program, when I turn the tag on (send a high signal) it will possibly log the user out if I add that macro as the Logout Macro?

Just a theory I have, but I assume to get this feature to work, it will involve using a macro.

Hmmm...Look under System Policies...

A little googling makes me think it is a newer feature. What version of FctTMe Studio are you running?

I think I found it!!

Would it be the Logon session lease? Currently it is set to 1 hour.

EDIT: it appears though that the minumum you can have it set to is 1 hour. I cannot go into the minutes range. I need to set an auto logout for 5 minutes basically.
As for the version, it is: 6.00.00

Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 7.44.27 PM.png

Last edited:
There is a add on / plugin for SE called idle detect. You can install this and it should take care of your needs.

Idle Detect is a free plugin from Rockwell.

Yeah, it's built into newer versions. Not sure when they started with it. Might be easier just to switch to v9.0 if feasible?