1756 HSC Loading Preset

Martin_Offer

Here is my dilemna. I have a 1756 HSC with 1000ppr encoders on each channel. I am using them for positional control on a carriage driven by a chain and servo. On the start-up, I have a "calibration" switch which I use to load a preset value into the HSC card. The problem I have is that the only way I can get seem to get the HSC card to accept the value is by resettting the card itself.
Is there another way to load the value and accept it?
Or, is there a way to reset the card through the logic?

Thanks

Oh, and Hi. Not my 1st post but moved into Canada from the UK and for the life in me, couldn't remember my login name, but still thought i'd say Hi so people don't think I'm being too ignorant 🤷:site::site:

Maintain your count in your program itself, and ignore any settings on the HSC.

Every scan, take the difference (SUB HSC_VALUE OLD_HSC_VALUE HSC_DIFF) (MOV HSC_VALUE OLD_HSC_VALUE) (ADD HSC_DIFF MY_COUNTER MY_COUNTER)

Do all of your presets, resets, whatever in logic based on the MY_COUNTER value.

The magic word is "Module Reconfigure", in which all the ModuleName:C:xx tags are written to and applied by the module.

You do this during runtime with a Message (MSG) instruction. You'll see in the MSG setup dialog that there's a specific message type for "Module Reconfigure".

There are numerous examples in the Knowledgebase, but only a tiny mention of it in a footnote in the 1756-HSC User Manual.