You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old October 5th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #1
chadhoot78
United States

FT Studio SE alarm acknowledge button

First of thanks to all those who reply to my many questions. I have successfully built an alarm screen and brought in several audible alarms to a poorly designed water treatment system in a new powerplant. Having no experience at all with HMI programming in FT Studio SE, it went quite well. My next question is this: My alarm acknowledge button in the HMI is a momentary Pb with the release action of acknowledgeall. I want to use that same button to unlatch a bit in the plc to also clear a flashing stacklight with a siren. I can do this with 2 separate buttons, but I need it operator proof. Since the button is not an HMI tag (just sends a command) how would I go about doing this? I made a HMI tag ALM_ACK, (referenced to a controllogix tag), and assigned it to alarm ack in the alarm tag editor. It did unlatch my siren and light, but had to press it several times in the Runtime to actually acknowledge the alarm.
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #2
robo77
United States

sounds like timing.. you should latch a bit for a second in the plc when the ALM_ACK bit is pushed. Just hold it for a short time and unlatch it.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum