FactoryTalk View SE Alarm Log Viewer Toolbar Buttons TOO Small

habadeer

I am working on a Touchscreen application in FactoryTalk View SE 6.1 and am using the Alarm and Event Log Viewer to display the alarm history. Unfortunately the integrated toolbar buttons are very small and don't make a good touchscreen target.

Is there a way to make them bigger, or to script their functions through VBA to a button object on the same display? I have looked at the methods available in the VBA IDE for the Alarm Log Viewer object and I do not see a Refresh method, which is mostly what I am after.

Any help is appreciated.

*** Update ***

I contacted TechConnect tech support concerning the question and the answer is "no". There is nothing you can do about it. The object does not expose much in the way of properties and methods and there is no integrated way to increase the size of the toolbar buttons. The suggestion is "write your own".o_O

They are however, going to send me a form for recommended improvements. This will be one among many. My suggestion to Rockwell would be, look at your competitors, especially Wonderware's Intouch which IMHO is still the best HMI product.

Just in case anyone was interested.