Battery Backup for CLX 5550

Sydney

Good morning: Has anyone used a Li-ion 18650 for battery backup on a CLX 5550. i'm working on a trainer that will be power off for fairly long periods of time and want to preserve the program in memory with the backup battery. The battery voltage on a 1756-LM55 is 3.6 and the 18650 is 3.7. It would be easy and inexpensive to harvest 18650's and build a battery pack.

Good morning: Has anyone used a Li-ion 18650 for battery backup on a CLX 5550. i'm working on a trainer that will be power off for fairly long periods of time and want to preserve the program in memory with the backup battery. The battery voltage on a 1756-LM55 is 3.6 and the 18650 is 3.7. It would be easy and inexpensive to harvest 18650's and build a battery pack.

I've done a lot of training using L5x series processors, and haven't relied on the battery backup yet, it's so easy to re-download the project anyway that it wasn't worth the cost of batteries, or messing around with external battery packs.

Even RA themselves never bothered with battery backup in any of their ControlLogix processors, they were either there and flat, or not there at all