micro logix 1000 inputs andn outputs

fki123

im using a micro logix 1000 and it has 20 inputs and outputs on it but when i go onto rslogic 500 it only shows 16 how do i use the last four inputs and outputs

Welcome to the forum!
Please provide the complete PN for the ML1000 that you are using.

It sounds like you have a 16 input and output base unit?, but rslogix 500 data table will have extra bits? ( word)
A part number would help

Can you post a snap-shot of what you are looking at?

By default it will show 16 outputs and 32 inputs. Whether they exist or not.

It may show more depending on the controller you selected(ML1000, ML1000 analog or ML1000 DH485). See pictures below.

Your controller 1761-L32BWA has 20 inputs and 12 outputs.

outputs.png inputs.png

Last edited:
IMG_0733 (3).jpg
here is what im looking at don't know why its upside down
im trying to add to the program a scale to weigh parts for sorting purposes.
i want to use the last four inputs 16-19 but all i see is 0-15 all the other inputs are being used is there anyway i can see the other 4 inputs 16-19

Last edited:
Your pictures shows 32 inputs.

If you click on the output data table it will show 16 outputs.

The software is not smart enough to show what the controller actually has. Just disregard the extra inputs and outputs the software shows you.

Last edited:
The first input is at I:0.0/0
The 16th input is at I:0.0/15
The 17th input is at I:0.1/0
The 20th input is at I:0.1/3

HTH