Cutler Hammer QCPort & S811 SS

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone used the Cutler Hammer QcPort to control Cutler Hammer Soft starters before?

We have a job in Romania with an S7-300 utilizing a Profibus to QcPort adapter connected to Soft Startes. The intention was to save feild wiring between an MCC enclosure and the main PLC panel by using Profibus to control the VFDs and Soft Starters. Our local Cutler Hammer rep convinced us these S811 soft starters using QcPort interfaced to Profibus was the best solution.

Turns out that has not been the case. We have been having horrible field commissioning troubles with S811s failing, QcPort communication problems, etc. It is now at the point the customer, and the master contractor have lost all faith in this product.