best way to automate a tv display

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Customer wants to use a computer monitor as a sign.
It needs to be able to change off of a plc variable change.
I'm currently using a wago 750-852 and Indusoft.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I once built up a demo project for client that wanted to use use a 40" screen to display advertisements to people trapped in their car when in a car wash (one of the car washes where the car is stationary and the spray heads rotate around it)

My idea was a small Linux based computer running a web server displaying to a full screen browser to which the monitor connected via HDMI. The computer would then connect to carwash PLC via parallel digital inputs. But being a full blown computer I could have easily connected via Modbus/TCP

I only went as far as a getting the demo running before they scrapped the project, but I did source reasonably priced 40" monitors that could run inside a car wash and operate from -30F to +120F, and also some matching computers that could run in the same environment and had 8 suitable digital inputs.

Looks like a job for a Raspberry Pi.
Maybe it could communicate with your plc using modbus tcp or even digital inputs.
You could also run AdvancedHMI on raspberry to get the data from the plc and display it on the TV screen through HDMI.