Controller Embeded Website Data to PLC

rajy2r

Wondering if there is a way to parse data from an embedded website on a controller (Quincy Air Compressor) to the PLC to display as status and/or log some data.

You should reach out to "Quincy Air Compressor" some of their models have the ability to add a "MODBUS" option. This would be my first choice.

You should reach out to "Quincy Air Compressor" some of their models have the ability to add a "MODBUS" option. This would be my first choice.

Yes there is a ModBus and/or ENET option, but i don't necessarily need the info (especially for the extra cost). I was just curious if its possible to poll the data from the built in webserver.

What model of PLC ? Can the PLC send a raw HTTP request ?

This is likely to require some kind of programmable interface that you can program to parse a hypertext document.

Start by opening the embedded web page and looking at how it delivers the data. If it's part of the literal HTML text of the page document, you've got a good chance at parsing it out.

What model of PLC ? Can the PLC send a raw HTTP request ?

This is likely to require some kind of programmable interface that you can program to parse a hypertext document.

Start by opening the embedded web page and looking at how it delivers the data. If it's part of the literal HTML text of the page document, you've got a good chance at parsing it out.

It will be a Controllogix L81E. I won't have access to the embedded web page for a few months as commisioning is still ways away. I was trying to see what the possibilities and or options to incorporate this if possible.

I suppose it might be easier to get the data into the HMI (Factory TalkView SE) maybe with some scripting or something.

Never done this before so looking for some ideas.

In C# you can use webclient

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Code
using System.Net;

using (WebClient client = new WebClient ()) // WebClient class inherits IDisposable
{
client.DownloadFile("http://yoursite.com/page.html", @"C:\localfile.html");

// Or you can get the file content without saving it
string htmlCode = client.DownloadString("http://yoursite.com/page.html");
}

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Code

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/599275/how-can-i-download-html-source-in-c-sharp

You can parse it from there. This would work in VB.NET also.