New servo product... Well, new to me

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Greetings all,

Last week I was up in Richmond VA for training on a servo system, I just want to put on my 2 cents if anyone is looking for a new system, I can recommend this one.

http://www.amkdrives.com/servo_motors_drives.htm

The system I have is older but still very good and solid, I have two, one is a 9 axis the other is 11 axis, years ago they bought the Siemens S5 technology (this is what I have) it has a S5 PLC embedded in one of the option cards, so its just like programming a S5 when you are writing the program.

The new technology uses CoDeSys as the embedded PLC, this brings me to the other thing that I would like to discuss, that software is un....real, you can do anything.

I don’t think they are cheap, but I can testify that they have very good service and a very good product, they also have a small servo that has the drive embedded inside it...that was cool it was a stand a lone system that could be chained to others.

Just wanted to share...

Re: CoDeSys

Yes indeed CoDeSys is a very impressive programming enviroment. Many manufacturers [primarily European] have partnered with 3S-Software to incorporate CoDeSys IEC 61131-3 into their products.
This presents are more standardized cross platform approach to programming and development.

Recently done a project using the Bosch-Rexroth MLC-40 [Motion Logic Controller]. This used the CoDeSys software. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it one realizes just how powerful a system it can be.

http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sp4