Multi Speed Servo Jog CLX

johnfarrugi

I have an application that allows an operator to jog a servo forward or reverse, slow or fast speed with push buttons. As I understand the MAJ functions in CLX, they are triggered by a state change and motion needs to be stopped by a MAS command. Is it posible to change jog speeds without stoping the axis? I want the operator to be able to hold in the forward button and press the slow/fast button to change the servo speed without stoping the axis.

I am using a compact logix with a sercos card.

I think I figured it out. I believe once a MAJ command is initiated it continues until either another MAJ command it initiated or until a MAS command is recieved. Therefore, to change the velocity of a jog axis, I just need to transition a MAJ command with the new velocity.

Am I correct?

johnfarrugi said:
I think I figured it out. I believe once a MAJ command is initiated it continues until either another MAJ command it initiated or until a MAS command is recieved. Therefore, to change the velocity of a jog axis, I just need to transition a MAJ command with the new velocity.

Am I correct?
Yes.
If you use a tag for the velocity parameter in the MAJ, then by changing the value of that tag and re-triggering the MAJ, the axis will change speed. Probably a good idea to enable the merge option.

(you don't need two MAJ instructions)

Hi

You could also use the MCD motion instruction.
Your way will work also but as I find its always good to use a new instruction and learn something new.

Talk again

Donnchadh K