Powerflex 525 Control Module

jayare12

So I have a simple question when changing a 525 control module am I able to use a control module from a 5.0 HP on a 2.0 HP? I have looked everywhere for any notice on whether or not it is allowed but no success. When I use the USB tool to load a configuration file I get an error but it still allows me to load it but the initial app screen still states it is the original HP rating.

Yes you can do it, all control modules are the same regardless of size or voltage. But the power modules are coded and the control module is told of the mismatch when you plug it in. So if you do, the control module faults, forcing you to fix the power rating being out of range. You should be able to clear the fault by simply going into the motor parameters and setting everything correctly. You might have to do that off line however, I can't remember and am not in front of my PC just now.

Last edited: