GE Fanuc 90 30 Alarm trigger tracing

Timbelfast

Hi, we have a plant that runs with a GE Fanuc 90-30 and I am trying to trace what is triggering a 'General Fault' alarm to the site SCADA system.

I don't have access rights to view the live PLC program when it is running, but I do have the code files.

Would someone be able to send me these in a printed pdf / wordpad format so we can see what part of the process could be generating this particular alarm?

Timbelfast, you can send the backup file to me at stephen dot bailey2 at Verizon dot net. If you know, please tell me if it is a Logicmaster, Versa Pro or Proficy Machine Edition project and if Proficy Machine Edition, which version.

Could you explain the 'General Fault' alarm to the site SCADA system a little more?
If it is picked up by the SCADA system, it should have a tag name AND an IO reference in the plc?
Is the tagname 'General Fault'?
Is there an "IO address" associated with it?

Could you explain the 'General Fault' alarm to the site SCADA system a little more?
If it is picked up by the SCADA system, it should have a tag name AND an IO reference in the plc?
Is the tagname 'General Fault'?
Is there an "IO address" associated with it?

NetNathan,

Now that I have the ladder logic I can see that there are about 41 inputs in series with the Fault output that can generate this Fault output.

This system in particular is a standalone GE PLC with it's on Iconics SCADA.

Our separate site SCADA receives an alarm via a solo Input when the Fault relay is 'True'.

I think the way forward is have the Iconics SCADA configured to display alarms, as at the minute we can only view a Process Mimic screen; or have the 3rd party contractors who maintain the plant gain live access to the GE PLC to view the potential fault input in a live monitor mode. They can just about carry-out a filter change so this maybe beyond their capability.

NetNathan,

Now that I have the ladder logic I can see that there are about 41 inputs in series with the Fault output that can generate this Fault output.

This system in particular is a standalone GE PLC with it's on Iconics SCADA.

Our separate site SCADA receives an alarm via a solo Input when the Fault relay is 'True'.

I think the way forward is have the Iconics SCADA configured to display alarms, as at the minute we can only view a Process Mimic screen; or have the 3rd party contractors who maintain the plant gain live access to the GE PLC to view the potential fault input in a live monitor mode. They can just about carry-out a filter change so this maybe beyond their capability.

Kind of odd....looking at 41 alarms as 1 general alarm. Pretty hard to know what the true alarm actually is.

Probably find that it was a general fault alarm for a lamp on the panel & the Scada has been added. This suggests that the Scada is not connected via coms to that plc.