You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old November 22nd, 2022, 11:35 AM   #1
Le Tri Dung
Viet Nam

[Studio 5000] How to simulate program uploaded from PLC

I want to run a simulation of a program uploaded from a rockwell PLC, but I can't configure the CPU on the emulate to match the actual CPU.
Old November 22nd, 2022, 06:43 PM   #2
glennz
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tri Dung View Post
I want to run a simulation of a program uploaded from a rockwell PLC, but I can't configure the CPU on the emulate to match the actual CPU.
Perhaps you have figured it out by now, but it does not work that way. You must configure the CPU in the .ACD file to match the Emulator.
Old November 22nd, 2022, 07:29 PM   #3
Le Tri Dung
Viet Nam

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennz View Post
Perhaps you have figured it out by now, but it does not work that way. You must configure the CPU in the .ACD file to match the Emulator.
but I can't change the CPU in the .ACD file with the emulated CPU because I can't find it. Now I want to simulate the .ACD file that I have uploaded from the PLC, how do I do that?

Last edited by Le Tri Dung; November 22nd, 2022 at 07:33 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2022, 07:52 PM   #4
harryting
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Which version of Logix? Maybe it's in a version where Emulate isn't available yet. In which case you might have to change the version first then change the controller.
Old November 22nd, 2022, 07:54 PM   #5
Le Tri Dung
Viet Nam

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryting View Post
Which version of Logix? Maybe it's in a version where Emulate isn't available yet. In which case you might have to change the version first then change the controller.
i am using studio 5000 V32 and emulate V33. if I create a new file on studio 5000 and select CPU emulate, it still simulates normally. but I want to run simulation file upload from PLC, but I can't. Can you give me my email address and online my computer via Utraview?

Last edited by Le Tri Dung; November 22nd, 2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 01:36 AM   #6
RET
United States

If your plc has an L80 series plc then you have to reconfigure the plc properties for an L70 series to get it available to use with the emulator. You can edit the L5X file to change the controller properties to an L70, as there’s no easier way that know of.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 01:42 AM   #7
Le Tri Dung
Viet Nam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET View Post
If your plc has an L80 series plc then you have to reconfigure the plc properties for an L70 series to get it available to use with the emulator. You can edit the L5X file to change the controller properties to an L70, as there’s no easier way that know of.
My real cpu has type 1756-L83E. I go to Change Controller and I don't see any L70. Can you control my computer?
Old November 23rd, 2022, 03:32 AM   #8
cardosocea
United Kingdom

I've had this problem before with emulate and the solution was to export the programs and import them into a blank project made specifically for the Emulate processor.

Do remember this next time you get to choose which PLC to use and pick something good.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 04:12 AM   #9
Le Tri Dung
Viet Nam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardosocea View Post
I've had this problem before with emulate and the solution was to export the programs and import them into a blank project made specifically for the Emulate processor.

Do remember this next time you get to choose which PLC to use and pick something good.
i did that, it gave the program 4k errors, it's hard to edit
Old November 23rd, 2022, 09:18 AM   #10
RET
United States

The easiest way to change it to an emulator is to download an xml file editor, save the file as an L5X version and edit the controller properties to match that of an L70 processor. You can use a program that already has an L70 processor to copy the fields and values.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 07:55 PM   #11
Le Tri Dung
Viet Nam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET View Post
The easiest way to change it to an emulator is to download an xml file editor, save the file as an L5X version and edit the controller properties to match that of an L70 processor. You can use a program that already has an L70 processor to copy the fields and values.
i found the problem, when i use studio version 5000 v20 for old PLC it will emulate. and V32 is not
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum