[Profibus PA] Number of nodes

luccass

Hi guys!
Could you help me a litle bit, please?

Every independent specs regarding Profibus PA says, that maximum number of nodes per network is 32.
There is a Profibus DP/PA Link module that creates ONE PA subnet and spec says, that max allowed number of nodes for PA master system is 64.

Can anyone ever tried to put more than 32 nodes under one siemens DP/PA link? Just want to double check :)

Thanks!

Every independent specs regarding Profibus PA says, that maximum number of nodes per network is 32
True, this is a Profibus PA limit (electrical).
There is a Profibus DP/PA Link module that creates ONE PA subnet and spec says, that max allowed number of nodes for PA master system is 64.
Also true, but this is on the software level. You still need PA couplers to supply the power after the link and they have a limit of 32 devices (ideal ideal conditions) per segment. So for 64 slaves you need one of those links and minimum two couplers. If you use a Pepperl and Fuchs link you can even use all 126 addresses (minus the master ..) on one link.

True, this is a Profibus PA limit (electrical).
Also true, but this is on the software level. You still need PA couplers to supply the power after the link and they have a limit of 32 devices (ideal ideal conditions) per segment. So for 64 slaves you need one of those links and minimum two couplers. If you use a Pepperl and Fuchs link you can even use all 126 addresses (minus the master ..) on one link.

Thanks! Exactly what I was thinking :)