TIA V13 Controlling Drive from S7-300

No Because i am out in the field and the PLC and the Drive are at workshop , after finishing this Job when I am back i do it the first thing

Gotcha.
When you do , follow the control word from the outside of the function block through the data block to the drive r733 (I think that's the receive to the masterdrive) I don't have diagrams in front of me
Each bit can even be displayed on the pmu masterdrive display

in the masterdrive i have there are two CBP2 card one in the upper slot and one in the lower slot , normally there is only one card in the lower slot , another card was added to this drive for the Soft-torque system , when softtorque is not used it is in speed control mode when softtorque is turned on ,drive goes into torque control mode , However for this test i will remove the softtorque system and connect the profibus cable from s7-300 directly to the upper card , there are parameters set for both the cards therefore i am trying to understand so that i can make the necessary changes to the parameters

Last edited:
I am now working on the setup
Have drive on and plc on but there are some errors

How many inputs i need to provide to this block ?

When i go online and press the start button on HMI it does not make the bit High in the CPU this bit is called HMI_start m3.0
this bit in parallel to I0.0 activating I0.0 i can turn on the drive but from HMI i can not
i can see speedsetpoint and speed in rpm which is MD5 and MD10 in HMI ,connection is established

which means that drive is configured properly, because of some reason not able to set this Bit from HMI , HMI CPU and drive are connected via a Profibus cable for details see the screenshots

screenshots pictures https://ufile.io/rhv7d

Last edited:
Sounds like you may have some address overlapping...

Be aware, that MD5 consists of byte addresses MB5 MB6 MB7 and MB8 (most significant to least significant byte)

And, for example, MW5 consists of bytes MB5 and MB6 (most to least)

And MB5 consists of bits M5.7, M5.6, M5.5...M5.1 and M5.0 (most significant bit to least significant bit)

In your case, M3.0 would be the least significant bit (bit 0) of MW2, or bit 8 of MW3, or bit 24 of MD3, or bit 0 of MD0, etc.

It's my habit to use even addresses for words and double words, skipping by 2 for words and skipping by 4 for double words.

Does m3.0 stay on?
Are you over lapping any plc M memory?

In your plc program... if you right click and modify bit m3.0 to a 1, does drive click on then off?

Does m3.0 stay on?
Are you over lapping any plc M memory?

m3.0 is off when i go online , i can modify it to -- On

In your plc program... if you right click and modify bit m3.0 to a 1, does drive click on then off?
right click and modify bit m3.0 to 1

drives start and runs normally , clicked start from HMI it is also working now !!!!

Screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited:
If you know the bit number in you're controlword to start the drive and this works. Then you also should be able to start the drive in reverse or reset faults on the drive and so on simply using other bits in you're controlword. You must have a parameterlist that tells you which bits to use. Am I right?