panelview upload / download

kevintfa

Good morning all,

I have a couple of problems today, and maybe someone can help me....I have a panelview 550 with ONE RS-232 port that's connected to a slc5/03 plc. i need to upload the panelview application to make some changes to the screen, but i can't seem to estabilish communication. I tried a RS-232 cable thru a point to point connection and it did not work. I bought a 2706-NC13 cable and tried a point to point connection and it didn't work. I tried both cables with RS Linx driver RS-232 and it didn't work. i tried connecting to the plc thru dh-485 port and i could not see the panelview. Does anyone have any ideas? the panelview is a 2711-K5A5 ser. F rev D frn 3.13.

Try connecting to the panelview with rslinx but change your station number (node) in linx (configure df1 driver) as you may have a node conflict

504bloke said:
Try connecting to the panelview with rslinx but change your station number (node) in linx (configure df1 driver) as you may have a node conflict
I tried changing station number to 1, 2, 3 etc. but it's not working, when i try to auto configure it times out

It must be a DH485 connection, just loaded a pv550 k5a5 into pb32 and its defuinately dh485!

See next Post from Manual

Last edited:
The cable needed is an 2711-NC13 ? Are you sure yours is a 2706-NC13 _SEE EDIT BELOW!

You need to connect the NC13 (2711) directly to the panelview

Then configure RS Linx for a 1747-PIC / AIC+ driver

Then do an autoconfigure

That should work

EDIT: MY Mistake, a 2706-NC13 is also correct, i seem to have an old manual! It doesnt list the 2706 cable

Last edited:
504bloke said:
It must be a DH485 connection, just loaded a pv550 k5a5 into pb32 and its defuinately dh485!

See next Post from Manual
the screen and plc are connected via straight (i Think) cable, no interface. I connected using PCMK card, in rs who the only thig showing is the plc in node one. the screen is set to node 2 but it's not showing. There is no dh-485 connector on the screen itself, there is only one rs 232 port which is connected to the plc.

You need to connect the NC13 directly to the panelview

Then do an autoconfigure

That should work

504bloke said:
You need to connect the NC13 directly to the panelview

Then do an autoconfigure

That should work
Well, it seems like i have the wrong cable. I'm going to have to buy a NC 13 and try again.

Thanks a lot for your help, you saved me a lot of time and frustration!!!

kevintfa said:
I connected using PCMK card, in rs who the only thig showing is the plc in node one. the screen is set to node 2 but it's not showing. There is no dh-485 connector on the screen itself

The reason for this is that to see more than 2 nodes ie plc & laptop you will need an 1747-AIC convertor in the dh485 line where you connect the pcmk-pcm4 cabel

See Below from Important Notes on DH485 on PCMK's

When you are creating the driver in RSLinx, cursor down the list of available drivers until you find the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver.

Normally the PIC/AIC DH485 driver is configured to 19.2 kBaud. Be sure also to set your address to a node number that is different to the PanelView address. (Find that in the config screens.)

PS this driver behaves a little differently to other RSLinx drivers. You will get a Windows warning message which asks you to accept the driver. Just click OK. The DH485 PIC driver does not quite meet the strict Windows NT kernel rules so it is not listed as a certified driver in Windows registry. But it works fine anyhow.

Last edited:
once some body suggested me to disconnect the communication cable (connected between panel view & PLC) at PLC side and connect it to your laptop/pc. auto configure your driver. you should be able to upload.

actually i could not try this as did not chance to that area again.

try your luck.

sanjay