Let's Crash Rockwell - Studio5K Version 33

One nice thing about v33 is it runs in Windows10.

No compatibility for Vista SP2 or Run as Admin needed.

Same for RSLinx 4.20 bundled with it. - But put RSLinx 4.20 on 3 computers so far and on one of them (my main desktop, of course) it wiped all the drivers - first time I have ever had to Restore the drivers after an install of any version of RSLinx.

Found a bug that quick, and bad enough to issue an upgrade within a week???

Some Rockwell programmer used to work for Microlimp?

EDIT: The release notes for 33.00.01 only say they are the release notes:

These release notes describe version information for Studio 5000 Logix Designer, version 33.00.01 (released 10/2020).

Last edited:
Ordered v32 and got v33.. So I hope it doesn't contain any major bugs.

Had to upgrade from v30 because of a CPU upgrade at a customer.
Got a bit confused when upgrading firmware on the new CPU. Couldn't find it in the stand alone flashing program, but instead Studio 5k now handled that internally and even upgraded firmware via ethernet (like everyone else in 2020 :D )

By the way, what is new in v33?

Paraphrasing from Tron Legacy... "This year they put a 33 in the box."

PlantPAX 5.0 apparently is a big thing with this release as is their new Process Controllers (L8xP range) which have the PlantPAX instructions as native types in the processor.