Panelview Plus 7 - Fault History Issue due to software rev.

alive15

Good afternoon all,

I have the above HMI from AB with firmware v9, with the program created by an OEM. Their laptop is using view Studio v9 as well, but mine is using v11 for both view ME and view Studio. I had a copy of the original program and when I opened, it forced me to convert to v11; then I made edits on my laptop and created a runtime .mer file in v9. The edits I made consisted of uploading new tag file in offline mode and adding some numeric indicators. When I downloaded my modified program to HMI, everything works great except the fault history section. For some reason, it is not retaining the faults (so fault displays on the history page, but after pressing fault reset, it disappears. Before downloading my program, the original HMI program had a working fault history page that maintained all the previous faults).

The OEM took their original HMI program and added the edits I made to their own copy and sent me the latest copy. After downloading the OEM's modified program, the fault history works again, but the numeric indicators are not working (since they didn't have the latest tag file most likely).

So I open the OEM's modified copy (it forced me to open in v11) and create a runtime .mer file in v9 and download to the HMI. Now my numeric indicators are working, but fault history is not working.

My confusion is as follows: why the revision of the file is affecting the fault history memory? Should I upgrade firmware of panel view to 11 and then create a runtime in v11 and see if fault history works? I want to keep at v9 since OEM is also at v9, so looking for other solutions besides updating hmi to v11.

Thanks!

Fault history is something that was created specifically by the OEM? I don't see it as a default option in FTVS ME 11.0 here. I would hazard a guess that something in that programming doesn't play with 11.0 well. I suggest getting the numeric indicators in the OEM-edited copy to work, as that would seem to fix both issues. Perhaps we can assist with the numeric indicators on the OEM 9.0 copy?

Don't see a link between the version for alarm history, have you verified the tag holder and tag is correct in the alarm setup. Updating the alarm tag in the alarm setup live with the PLC may help

It sounds like your using an Alarm Banner instead of an Alarm List. The Banner has an option use must pick to show inactive alarms. But, if you have access to the PLC you could try the V9 on your laptop running V11 if you have FTV station on it. Even if you don't have a station license in should run for 2 hours. At least you could confirm the upgrade option you mention. Even if you upgrade the PV to 11 it will still run a V9 .mer. I would also recommend you download the latest patches for V11. It's worth a shot.