Smoothing Analog Inputs

WuShockKS

Hello, I'm pretty new to RSLogix 500. I'm trying to smooth out the raw analog input. Current 4-20ma. I'm in an environment that I can not control the noise. The transducer is bouncing and throwing off the SCP instruction.

1766-BWA PLC
W/1762 IF2OF2 Analog card

Thanks

I don't see a filter option in the hardware configurator, unless it requires to be online (just mocked up a controller and card in logix 500, no real hardware to test against). Probably will have to make your own averaging instructions. I would look more closely into controlling the noise however, there is likely a way to eliminate the noise. 4-20mA should be reasonably immune to noise anyway, being DC. Grounding and shielding is done correctly?

Most on-card filters are geared to reducing 60/50 Hz noise. I have had good luck using the digital filtering technique attached. I usually make the time interval between calculations and the number of steps operator adjustable.