X-ray vision system

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Mettler Toledo/Safeline definitely seems to be fairly well established in this space, and they have excellent support here. I use a lot of MT weighing equipment and they've been fantastic whenever I needed anything, so hopefully the same applies to their xray machines.

I spoke to my rep and asked him about the application and he immediately responded "oh yeah, we do that all the time. Easy!", so it sounds like a good option.

I've passed some contacts along to my friend and he's going to give them a try.

Thanks everyone. It's always great to have an automation hive-mind to consult with questions like this!

I did my apprenticeship in the dairy industry.

A small one with no budget for X-ray etc.

The feet (plastic) of the mixing arms on the cooling tables would sometimes un-thread themselves from the mixing arm and end up vacuumed into the towers and inside a 20KG block of cheese.

The solution was to drill and tap a stainless grub screw into the core of the feet.

Might not be relevant for a 20K recall, but I know you guys down under like to do things on a big scale :)