Studio v33 tag import problems

Can anybody import tags in Studio v33 without the software taking hours? We have a macro-infested Excel spreadsheet that we use to edit all of our messages and generate the csv file for import into the PLC. Most of the studio software installed on the terminals are v28. Import takes seconds. One has v32. Again within a minute. There's one terminal that has v33 and when I import this file, it takes hours. You can even export the tags from the PLC file, then import that same file and it acts like it's doing nothing. The terminals have v33.00.00 and my laptop has v33.00.02 with no difference.

Have you tried repairing v33 by the install disks? Maybe a few files got corrupted? I don't see anything on knowledge base pointing to a known issue. V33 is kind of new so could be an unknown issue.

I recently did a project with v33 and did a LOT of importing tags from CSV, and never encountered the problem you speak of. Doesn't help you solve it, I know, but I don't suspect it's an inherent problem with v33.

We created our problem in front of a Rockwell service rep that visited the plant. He took our programs and reported them to engineers. Haven't received any response in three weeks.

But, it's good to know that the import does work.

We created our problem in front of a Rockwell service rep that visited the plant. He took our programs and reported them to engineers. Haven't received any response in three weeks.

But, it's good to know that the import does work.

Is this happening for you on all your PCs? What was the order of install for the Studio5k software?

When importing, is the task manager reporting a consistent CPU usage? If the task manager can't dig deep enough, you should try getting MS Process Explorer and check if it's a particular DLL that's being slower than the others. If this is the case, just try to substitute this DLL with one from a freshly downloaded install from another PC(Saves time from installing all versions of studio on multiple PCs)

As for rockwell, maybe calling them directly would be better. Not sure if they'll be able to help you in the capacity you want, but worth a try.

Haven't heard from Rockwell rep since they came by the plant and witnessed it for himself.

At first, v28 was used for all PLCs. Scan time issues forced an upgrade to v33 for one processor only.

My work laptop has a VM with v30, v31, and v32. I installed v33 on it to check if it was only the terminal or the version.