Data Connection between GEFanuc 90-30 and Mitsubishi FX Series

If you have TopServer communicating to Wonderware, you could buy TopServer Driver for GE also and move data through Wonderware scripts....like "While Running"...

If you have TopServer communicating to Wonderware, you could buy TopServer Driver for GE also and move data through Wonderware scripts....like "While Running"...

Cheers Nathan.
I appreciate I can control via WW, just try to avoid it if possible, because if WW was to go down we would lose the controls and stop the plant. We don’t do any controls that way, as WW isn’t constantly monitored, sadly.
But thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers Nathan.
I appreciate I can control via WW, just try to avoid it if possible, because if WW was to go down we would lose the controls and stop the plant. We don’t do any controls that way, as WW isn’t constantly monitored, sadly.
But thanks for the suggestion.

Understood... that is why I usually have my Intouch apps not require a function from Wonderware to continue a plc operation. It just depends on how important data is and what happens if InTouch crashes.

I would suggest again to use Modbus TCP/IP. It is easy and quite reliable and cost effective. PLC to PLC communication.

I would suggest again to use Modbus TCP/IP. It is easy and quite reliable and cost effective. PLC to PLC communication.

Yes... There is another option. GE 374 CPU will talk Modbus TCP (with correct firmware), you will have to verify the Mitsubishi.

Tips for Mitsubishi as Modbus TCP/IP Client:
1. Download FX Configurator EN
2. Check example in the attachment from the time when Mitsubishi and Beijer were in love.

Note, it is example for GX IEC Developer, but the library can be used with Gx Works2 without problem.

Last edited: