L83ES processor and SERCOS

infer

Hi all,

My first post 🍻. I'm Jay from the UK.

We are in the process of upgrading our hardware to 1756-L83ES, most of our lines use motion drives over ETH/IP however we have 2 lines with DNET and Kinetix 6000 / SERCOS.

I have zero experience with SERCOS, however I was hoping it won't be complicated. Sadly I was very wrong.

Going to merit:

Plant ran on L72E v28.011 , 2x M16ES and 12x Kinetix 6000 ring.

I have flashed sercos cards to v31 and pluged in L83ES, firmware, bootp etc all good.
I have then converted program to new version (31) and then changed the controller from L72 to L83es and downloaded.
All I/O are up and running but both sercos cards.
Status says Major Fault : Recoverable , Internal State Communication Fault, Configured No , Owned Yes.
every axis has.

Displays on the drives mostly spin and do not show anything, 2 drives have E75 fault , when I power cycle them the will go from 1 to 2 and back to 1.

As soon as I stick old L72 controller all works fine.

I'm completely lost

This is a known anomaly. Try the following: “Converting an existing project (non-V31) which uses the 1756-L6x or 1756-L7z controller to a project that uses a 1756-L8 controller, will not allow the sercos ring to phase up to 4. The drives will only reach phase 1 or will settle in a racetrack phase. To work-around the anomaly, export the L8 project to an L5K file, then re-import that L5K back to the ACD project, The drives should now reach phase4. (V28 thru V32 1756-L8 controller anomaly)”. This is from knowledgebase ID QA36075

This is a known anomaly. Try the following: “Converting an existing project (non-V31) which uses the 1756-L6x or 1756-L7z controller to a project that uses a 1756-L8 controller, will not allow the sercos ring to phase up to 4. The drives will only reach phase 1 or will settle in a racetrack phase. To work-around the anomaly, export the L8 project to an L5K file, then re-import that L5K back to the ACD project, The drives should now reach phase4. (V28 thru V32 1756-L8 controller anomaly)”. This is from knowledgebase ID QA36075

Thanks for that! works :geek: Can't believe I wasted all day trying to find it :)

Many thanks again