Editing Shortcut for PanelView Plus

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all, I am having trouble when I try to open my .mer from the PV. It keeps telling me "Uncofigured shortcut detected". The problem is, when I tell it to load my file it gives me this alarm so I am unable to use the Application settings tab at the HMI. This is an existing program that I created the .med from the .mer so the laptop hard drive is different than the one that created it. I am not sure if that is the issue or not. I didn't change the device shortcut name in the FTView Studio project, hoping to avoid this. I did change the offline tag file, since it had the original project designers name and location in it. I did perform the Copy from Design to Runtime and I think it uploaded all my new tags appropriately. I was online with the processor when I uploaded the tags and didn't get any errors when I verified. I think I am skipping a step but I don't remember, since it has been several years since I have last performed this.

This is for the communications links? Did you successfully browse the processor from the shortcut? I know I've done it before where I hadn't clicked on the new shortcut, and it just overwrote an old shortcut to a new location. I would try making a whole new shortcut, just to prove it's working right.