PLC outputs and Belden Cable

mavrick

I have a question, should you use fuses for all your outputs including analog? Also how should you size your fuses , just based off of your wattage from your device? I wasn't sure if there where fuse sizing standards like you would find in the NEC? Does the NEC have a specific artlicel pertaining to control wires?

My next question is when should you pull a shield belden cable? Would this be mainly for analog controls or precision instrumentation? Thanks in advance

Can't speak for the NEC as I haven't worked in it's jurisdiction, fuses are rated in amps so make sure you get the right voltage for the circuit. E.g. I install 24V DIN Rail UPS' and the fuse is rated at 25A 32V, specified in the datasheet.

As for Belden, I use it for comms such as Modbus RTU on 2 wire (with shield/screen S/STP) RS485 circuits. CY cable is fine for 4-20mA, screen connected at one end only.