Rockwell compact PLC search issues

bill4807

Hi All,

I was trying to do some searches within an offline program today and some tags i search for comes back in the search menu, "language support not installed".

I have never came across this before.
I wonder if it is that I do not have a certain license that the original programmer has?

I have a standard license, not professional.
This controller has quite a bit of motion to it.

Any thoights?

It seems i can see and open all the routines. But i fear when i try to do an online edit onsite that i will have issues.

Thanks,

Language pack as in (english, german, etc..)?
I don't plan on buying this, all i need to do is add a few inputs, outputs, maybe 10-15 rungs of logic and not mess with the other AOIs or motion.

Do you know if i will be able to do this with these differences in licenses.
I do not want to do a download just online edits.

I guess its a bit more difficult when i don't design and commision the system myself, now i have to figure out compatability issues if any.

Answer QA15355 talks about this in the RA Knowledgebase. It's not language as in English, German, etc, rather Ladder, SFC, FD etc. They recommend the following:

• Restore RSLogix 5000 software to default settings, by starting the software while holding CTRL and SHIFT.
  • If the error appears when searching Ladder routine, perform a repair of RSLogix 5000 installation.
  • It may be necessary to investigate what type of activation is being used (for example wrong Edition of RSLogix 5000 software without additional programming language support).

Interesting. I never knew not having support for a programming language would affect search.

Perhaps try Cross Reference instead. Maybe that won't be affected. I always preferred it over Search (Find) anyway. Go to the Search menu and select Cross Reference.

Make sure Type is set for "Tag" and then in the name field you can select the tag from the Name drop down or start typing into the Name field. After typing, hit ENTER or click the Refresh button to see the results.

In the Cross Reference results note the "Destructive" column. Anything with an "N" for no means that instruction is looking at the tag but not affecting it. Anything with a "Y" for yes is affecting the tag. For example, turning it on and off.

OG

I found out that all the non searchable areas were "ST" rountines.
So thos makes sense cause i do not have structured text license.
Will this inhibit me from making a change to this PLC?
As long as im not making a change to the "ST" portion..

Thanks for all the feedback!

I found out that all the non searchable areas were "ST" rountines.
So thos makes sense cause i do not have structured text license.
Will this inhibit me from making a change to this PLC?
As long as im not making a change to the "ST" portion..

Thanks for all the feedback!

You should be able to edit ladder logic routines.

You will be able to upload/download everything, but not view/change the routines you do not have a license for.