Balluff BNI 006A

PLC_

Good afternoon guys,

Having a little trouble getting my 8 port I/O link master block to communicate with my processor. Its a BNI 006A MB connected though a 8 port tp link switch.
switch is connected to an ent2 rev 5.002. keying disabled. ent2 is in a rack with a l82S. I can ping the MB, I'm also plugged into the switch. I set up the MB as a generic ethernet device, used the manual to set up the correct input and output sizes. installed the EDS as well. the problem I'm seeing is I cant seem to get a real connection to this block, I keep seeing connection timed out flashing in the module fault window.

i know the block is communicating at least to me. not sure where to go from here. any help or ideas is appreciated.

there isn't a Balluff Specific ethernet device for you to use instead of the generic ethernet?

Balluff does have an EDS option, but the generic device option works also.

Could you give us a picture of the device configuration screen? Just to get a picture would be nicer.

Also, what are the IP settings of your PLC, are you sure it can communicate with the module? In order to have a connection via an unmanaged switch they need to be in the same subnet.