1783 natr

cyber14.
Welcome to the forum.

A little advice about forum etikette:
This is not a chat room. Dont start a thread with vague questions.

Inform everything relevant to your problem in the 1st post.
Specify all components that are relevant to your problem, and how they are related to each other. Specify hardware and software, with exact type numbers.
Specify error codes, software messages, status lamps sequences etc.
Inform what you have done so far.
Inform in which way the problem manifests itself.

HI need help, I have this set up

PC- ip address is 10.104.43.123, 255.255.255.0

NATR-Public ip address is 10.104.43.217, 255.255.255.0
-Private ip address is 192.168.0.85, 255.255.255.0
NAT Rule: 10104.43.216 > 192.168.0.80

PLC- ip address is 192.168.0.80, 255.255.255.0

what should I do since I cannot ping my plc?

PS: I just want to know if there is another way to communicate with the PLC, because there is a situation where in the plc is in operation, the end user cannot take risk of redownloading the program because a fault may occur. So Im gathering sources if theres a way to communicate with the plc using NATR without assigning gateway address to plc.

Thanks

-james

You have to set the Default Gateway address on the Private side.
This has something to do with the layer-3 protocol as I remember it right.
It's in the manual :)

So there is no other way to communicate it without assigning Gateway address on the private side?

+1 - A little more information helps immensely.

No. If you are using a NATR, then you are isolating one network from another. Your PLC network (Private) needs to know how to communicate to your PC network (Public), which is where the NATR comes in. It's the 'middle man' (Gateway). Your IP settings in your PLC should be:

IP: 192.168.0.80
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.85

You also have to create a rule in the NATR to translate from the public network to the private network. The NATR will translate from one IP address (you will have to assign a public address to the PLC in the NATR rule table 10.104.43.xxx) to the address you gave the PLC on the private side.

Also, in RSLinx, you are limited to the 'Ethernet' driver only. The Ethernet/IP driver will not see your PLC (unless something has changed from the last time I set one of these up).