I have to learn AB Panel Builder 32

elitheei

in the next few days for a project. I have been using TCP products for years and the plant I worked at closed so I went to work for an intergrator. The next project has some panel mates to put in. They bought the AB toolkit which comes with NO books! I need help. Do ya'll know of a Panel Builder for Dummbies !!! LOL .... I have used RSView in the past so I am ok with AB and the programming side of things is ok to I am a Modicon guy by trade but can get by with AB ..... Learning ... I find its much better than Modicon ...LOL ...But I am stuck ... I got to have some help with the panel builder 32 software. With the AB toolkit not coming with books it makes it tough. Thanks in advance for your help.
TS

help

Hi elitheei
I know I must be missing something here, but if you open PB 32 at the top is HELP
from there go to contents. Now this may not be what your looking for, but it`s a good place to start. Then post any question. There is also PV 32 post do a search on :site:

Don't get discouraged. PanelBuilder 32 sucks, including the help function, but you can usually make it do what you need.

I found the best way was to start simple with the real hardware and build. Creat a tag for one internal bit, put a simple on/off indicator on the screen, download, put a single one input turns on that bit program on the PLC, and then keep at it until you get that to work. Once you have that in the bag, the rest comes more easily.

You will have to get the PB32 Software through an AB dealer.
Tom is giving you good advice. Set up a the target PLC and your PanelView using you planned communications method. Then get them talking to each other, and start simple.
The manuals are available at the AB Site. I only saw english at www.ab.com, but there are usually other languages available. I am not 100% sure where you are located.
It is a tag based system, so pre-planning helps a lot. Also, if you are going to use the same button or other item several times. make it Global. Another thing I found with the PanelViews, is that you can't press two buttons at once. Say for Manual operations. At least I didn't find a way of doing it. I would be glad to be told I am wrong. So, if you need two things at once, you will need a button and the PLC Code to support it.
Hope that helps.

Stu....

Yeah I see that now. I was just trying to turn away any beggers, or the " I lost my product number can I use yours" Wink Wink.

Thanks for the headsup Bernie.

Chris Driscoll

My apologies to elitheei for confusing him with Combui_Viahe, I should have gone to the top and confirmed who started the thread. The PB32 request made me assume they were the same poster.

Thanks for pointing that out Bernie.

Stu.....

Whats happening to me?

Well Mickey now that you asked...

First you started to get a little older... nicer, but all the same a little older, this means that your vision started to go, then your hair started to fall out :eek: ... still being the ladies man you did not pay very much attention to it :cool: , then one day it just hit you... BAM! ;) like a ton of bricks you have become a mouse.... that's right look in the mirror, you are Mickey (the mouse)

You had to notice... (when you play the programming games) that you have larger ears then most of your programming friends and you sometimes have a hard time hitting the correct keys on the computer, you just can't stop eating that cheese... but Mickey don't worry we are all your friends and we will keep that big bad cat away from you :D

If you need to know anything else... just ask ;)